There are so many things we do throughout the day. That includes going to school, going to work, doing part-time, taking care of children, working in a business and the list goes on. We never get that single time to rest because all we’re doing is work, work, WORK!
But you know, when I’m not working, I always like to do things that don’t revolve around the “busy and boring” stuff.
- Simple Easy Ways To Self Care After A Long Day | Featured Post
- 7 Reasons Why It Is Important To Take Breaks From Work
- Top 10 Greatest Solutions for Relieving Stress
I came up with a list of 20 things I do in my free time that you might like.
So grab your mug of coffee or tea and let’s get right into it!
You can watch anything for free on this site! Watch different creative videos that you enjoy. There are so many contents that will interest you like beauty, comedy, drama, vlogs, conspiracy theories etc.
- 13 Creative YouTubers You Should Watch Right Now
- 10 Videos That Will Put You In A Good Mood When You’re Having A Bad Day
Games are fun and release stress. You can play them on consoles like Playstations, Nintendo, Xbox etc. Play them just on your computer or even your devices like your phone or tablet.
If you don’t like naps, then I suggest you leave! Naps are great when you just need to step it down and take a rest. Take a 15-25 mins power nap and wake up feeling reborn.
Art doesn’t mean just painting and drawing. Try crafting & DIYs, creating music, dancing, cooking a new recipe, sculptures, knitting etc.
- The Reasons Why I Love Stationery And Beauty Products
- Brighten Up Your Home With A Photo Clothespin Display
- 20 Mouthwatering Korean Cooking Videos To Watch
Read your favourite book. It doesn’t have to be a physical book. You can always go on a free reading site like Wattpad or you can go to BookBub and get free ebook deals (not sponsored btw, I just want to share this because you get free Amazon ebooks).
- Is “The Way We Were-Remembering Diana” Any Good? | Book Review
- Why You Should Not Invest In Zoella’s Book “Cordially Invited”
Who could forget? Let out your inner spirit shine! Meditation and Yoga helps relieve stress, find awareness and calms you down.
Go on Pinterest
This visual search engine site helps you find new creative ideas or simply just find stunning images.
- 10 Reasons Why Every Blogger Should Join Pinterest
- The Secrets On How I Gained Over 130k Unique Views On Pinterest
- Little Pins Design Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Pinterest
- How To Use Pinterest To Drive Visitors To Your Store
- Pinterest Groups You Should Join To Explode Your Traffic
- How To Create Amazing Pinterest Graphics For Beginners
Sit in the sun
We need a little vitamin D in our system, right? (Well more than a little actually). Soak in the sun while reading a book, meditate or just staring up at the blue sky.
Get lost in Google
There are some really weird sites out there, I’m not even kidding. You can do the same thing on YouTube.
I mean, you can’t just leave everything to do by itself. Be organise and plan out your week ahead so you don’t have to stress out later on. Use planners like Erin Condren just to motivate yourself to use your planner.
- Is The Erin Condren Planner Worth It For The Price?
- Love Yourself By Installing A Wellbeing Routine Into Your Lifestyle
- 7 Effective Scheduling Strategies To Pump Out More Blog Posts
- 6 Quick Ways To Plan Your Day Better
- 5 Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Keeping Your Goals
Organise your home
I promise you that after you organise and declutter your room, you’ll feel more relief. Not only do you feel successful about yourself but you will also find out things that have been lost 3 months ago. You can even give away your older items to charity or sell them online for cash.
Road trip for a day
Even if it’s just for one day, go on a small road trip with your mates to a place far away from your hometown. You’ll make good memories and have a good time.
Listen to music
Simple. Music can put us in the mood for everything. Cheerful, happy music can make you feel happy. Soul, deep music can make you feel. Booping music can make you dance and the list goes on.
- Winter Music Playlist For The Chilly Season
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To Kpop
- 15 Lo Fi Beats To Listen To While You Multitask
Declutter your technology
Not only can you declutter your room or closet but you can always clean up the devices you use every day. It helps make it faster and clear away photos, files or apps you don’t need for free space.
- 9 Desktop Decluttering Ideas That Can Improve Your Productivity
- 6 Innovative Approaches To Declutter Your Phone
Binge watch a series
Binge watch your favourite tv shows on Netflix. Or be like me and binge watch Kdramas. You can also have a movie day and watch movies all day.
Hang out with friends
Haven’t seen your mates in forever? Take the day off and spend time with them. No, I don’t mean texting or calling them. I mean, meet up for real and actually socialise.
You can either go to the GYM, take a jog to the park or your neighbourhood or do it at home. You can pretty much exercise anywhere. Look up on Pinterest where there are plenty of infographics on home exercise routines.
Drink a large cup of coffee or tea
Just take a moment and sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and be aware of the moment.
Learn something new that you’re interested in. There are plenty of free courses out there like CreativeLive and, if you have a library card, you can sign up to Lynda.com using that library card and learn different courses for free.
Watch TED talks
Ted talks has thousands of videos for you to be inspired and motivated. From speeches, success and even helpful problems that can be resolved through scientific research.
Do you have things that you do in your free time or any types of hobbies that make you feel more relaxed? Definitely let me know in the comments!
If you love new posts about self-care, productivity, blogging tips, and other lifestyle posts, then don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter where you can get notified in your email inbox on Fridays (Aussie time). Follow my social media accounts if you haven’t already!
If you love this post, share it by pinning it on Pinterest or sharing on Facebook or Twitter. Remember, to check out my related posts below.