There are so many things we do throughout the day.
That includes going to school, going to work, doing part-time, taking care of children, working in a business and the list goes on.
We never get that single time to rest because all we’re doing is work, work, WORK!
But you know, when I’m not working, I always like to do things that don’t revolve around the busy and boring stuff.
I came up with a list of 20 things I do in my free time that you might like.
So grab your mug of coffee or tea and let’s get right into it!
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliates. I earn a compensation if you buy the product. I only add affiliates that I’ve tried myself and would prefer to you. You do not have to buy the items but I would appreciate it if you do! It helps support this blog.*
20 Sweet ways to spend your free time
- YouTube – You can watch anything for free on this site! Watch different creative videos that you enjoy. There are so many contents that will interest you.
- Video games – Games are fun and release stress. You can play them on consoles like Playstations, Nintendo, Xbox etc. Play them just on your computer or even your devices like your phone or tablet.
- Naps – If you don’t like naps, then I suggest you leave! Naps are great when you just need to step it down and take a rest. Take a 15-25 mins power nap and wake up feeling reborn.
- Make art – Art doesn’t mean just painting and drawing. Try crafting & DIYs, creating music, dancing, cooking a new recipe, sculptures, knitting etc.
- Read – Read your favourite book. It doesn’t have to be a physical book. You can always go on a free reading site like Wattpad or you can go to BookBub and get free ebook deals (not sponsored btw, I just want to share this because you get free Amazon ebooks).
- Meditate/Yoga – Who could forget? Let out your inner spirit shine! Meditation and Yoga help relieve stress, find awareness and calms you down.
- Go on Pinterest – This visual search engine site helps you find new creative ideas or simply just find stunning images.
- Sit in the sun – We need a little vitamin D in our system, right? (Well more than a little actually). Soak in the sun while reading a book, meditate or just staring up at the blue sky.
- Get lost in Google – There are some really weird sites out there, I’m not even kidding. You can do the same thing on YouTube.
- Planning/scheduling – I mean, you can’t just leave everything to do by itself. Be organise and plan out your week ahead so you don’t have to stress out later on. Use planners like Erin Condren or Emily Ley just to motivate yourself to use your planner.
- Organise your room, desk or closet – I promise you that after you organise and declutter your room, you’ll feel more relief. Not only do you feel successful about yourself but you will also find out things that have been lost 3 months ago.
You can even give away your older items to charity or sell them online for cash.
- Road trip for a day – Even if it’s just for one day, go on a small road trip with your mates to a place far away from your hometown. You’ll make good memories and have a good time.
- Listen to music – Simple. Music can put us in the mood for everything. Cheerful, happy music can make you feel happy. Soul, deep music can make you feel. Booping music can make you dance and the list goes on.
- Declutter your technology – Not only can you declutter your room or closet but you can always clean up the devices you use every day. It helps make it faster and clear away photos, files or apps you don’t need for free space.
- Binge watch a series – Binge watch your favourite tv shows on Netflix. Or be like me and binge watch Kdramas. You can also have a movie day and watch movies all day.
- Hang out with friends – Haven’t seen your mates in forever? Take the day off and spend time with them. No, I don’t mean texting or calling them. I mean, meet up for real and actually socialise.
- Exercise – You can either go to the GYM, take a jog to the park or your neighbourhood or do it at home. You can pretty much exercise anywhere. Look up on Pinterest where there are plenty of infographics on home exercise routines.
- Drink a large cup of coffee or tea – Just take a moment and sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and be aware of the moment.
- Self-studying – learn something new that you’re interested in. There are plenty of free courses out there and, if you have a library card, you can sign up to Lynda.com using that library card and learn different courses for free.
- Watch TED talks – Ted talks has thousands of videos for you to be inspired and motivated. From speeches, success and even helpful problems that can be resolved through scientific research.
Do you have things that you do in your free time or any types of hobbies that make you feel more relaxed? Definitely let me know in the comments!
Share this Pin with friends or for later!
If you love new posts about lifestyle, self-care, productivity, and blogging tips, then don’t forget to subscribe to my RSS feed where you can get notified in your email inbox (don’t worry, I won’t spam ya!). Follow my social media accounts if you haven’t already.
If you love this post, share it by pinning it on Pinterest or sharing on Facebook or Twitter. Remember, to check out my related posts (yes, I have more than 100 posts on this blog and I feel proud of my passion!)