This is a question that will keep you on topic but does money really make you happy?
I’ve talked about this in one of my older posts “Fame doesn’t Equal Happiness”. I certainly think people need to realise that money is only temporary happiness.
Yes, you buy one thing and you’re happy you got the item. But weeks later, you keep using and using that item until you get bored and the next minute, you’re unhappy again. Do you relate?
Of course, you’re 1. unhappy again and 2. you’re going to keep wasting your money until you have nothing left!
That’s why I compiled a list of quotes in order for you to be financially sane. Also, inspire you on what personally makes you happy in life.
So grab your mug of coffee or tea and let’s get right into it!
1. “The most beautiful things are not associated with money; they are memories and moments. If you don’t celebrate those, they can pass you by.” Alek Wek
Do you remember the time where you suddenly remember a good nostalgic memory that made you smile?
That could be visiting a long time relative or embarrassing school memories that suddenly made you laugh.
2. “Success comes to those who dedicate everything to their passion in life. To be successful, it is also very important to be humble and never let fame or money travel to your head.” A. R. Rahman
Do you know any celebrities, people you know or YouTubers who use to do what they were passionate about?
That was until fame and success came into their head. You wonder “they really have changed” and end up disliking them or unfollowing them.
3. “Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will.” Nelson Mandela
A short story I read in my English class reminds me of this quote.
It’s called “The Bet” by Anton Chekhov.
It is about a young banker and lawyer who makes a bet whether or not death penalty is better or worse than life in prison.
I won’t spoil it but it has a good meaning about freedom in the end. You can read it here.
4. “Time is more value than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” Jim Rohn
This quote is something that most people can agree on.
You can get all the money you want but you cannot get time (unless you can time travel).
That’s why you make the most of it before time runs out (I know I sound dark but it’s the truth).
5. “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” Henry Ford
What does making a business mean to you?
To me, a business is like art.
You want to be able to share your products, share your passion or help others with what you’re knowledgeable about.
Money is just a side income.
6. “Friends and good manners will carry you where money won’t go.” Margaret Walker
Do you hear how certain types of entrepreneurs become successful?
In order to get to where they want to go, they need to work with others, befriend and be well mannered. Start a connection with those who are more successful than them.
7. “If you don’t have integrity, you have nothing. You can’t buy it. You can have all the money in the world, but if you are not a moral and ethical person, you really have nothing.” Henry Kravis
Honesty and morals are something to consider when you want to reach your goals.
I’ve made a post on why it’s ok, to be honest.
8. “Success isn’t measured by money or power or social rank. Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace.” Mike Ditka
In history times, success was equaled to money, power and social ranks.
What I think now is success comes with passion, connections, good objectives, goals and (positive) personality.
9. “The circulation of confidence is better than the circulation of money.” James Madison
Yes! Confidence all around is what I would like.
Confidence is something I would want rather than money.
If you’re confident, you’re more likely to succeed challenges that are holding you back. You’re not afraid of failure.
10. “A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.” Robert Frost
I had to add this in. Why?
Because it’s certainly 100% true when it comes to debt or wasting your money.
I hope these money quotes will make you think. It cannot change debts but it will certainly not make you stress out.
I found these quotes on Braineyquote (the site where I always visit to find quotes). You can find more money quotes that will inspire you by clicking here.
If you love new posts about lifestyle, self-care, productivity, and blogging tips, then don’t forget to subscribe to my RSS feed where you can get notified in your email inbox (don’t worry, I won’t spam ya!). Follow my social media accounts if you haven’t already.
If you love this post, share it by pinning it on Pinterest or sharing on Facebook or Twitter. Remember, to check out my related posts (yes, I have more than 100 posts on this blog and I feel proud of my passion!)