Throughout the years of using Instagram, I’ve been switching between adding hashtags to my caption or adding them to the comment sections. It’s been an “on-and-off” relationship (kind of).
Nowadays, it becomes a hazard to manually add hashtags to the comment section. The routine was like schedule and collab a bunch of hashtags and post it on the comments.
I really don’t have much time for that and neither do you. That’s why I decided to go back to adding hashtags the lazy way by adding them to my captions.
The two things I dislike about adding hashtags to the caption is that it looks messy and completely distracting.
That’s why I want to share a great tool for you Instagrammers that is helpful for hiding your hashtags in the comments and making your caption look organised.
So grab your mug of coffee or tea and let’s get right into it!
Here is one example of my IG post WITHOUT the hashtags in the caption. Looks clean, less distracting and organised right?
In the comments, that’s where the hashtags are at. They still do the trick of letting people search for your post (when the hashtag turns blue, it’s definitely valid in the “search” unless you add over 30 hashtags or your account is shadow-banned).
- How To Use Pinterest To Drive Visitors To Your Store
- How Your Instagram Post Can Go Viral With These Hashtags
- The Secrets On How I Gained Over 130k Unique Views On Pinterest
So what’s this tool that lets you automatically hide your hashtags in the comment?
Tailwind Instagram has just added a brand new option where you can hide your hashtags in your comment section without having to manually add them.
It’s pretty simple and there is no work required when you want to hide these hashtags in the comments.
How to Hide Hashtags in the Comments
Here’s how you can apply it when you schedule your Instagram posts:
1. Most likely, you’re gonna need to add a caption and some hashtags. In the end, I will show you how to save your used hashtags for future posts.
I wrote a post on Tailwinds’ Hashtag Finder 2.0 so if you want to learn more about the green and orange highlights are shown on the hashtags, post is here.
2. Now that you’re done writing your caption and hashtags, under the caption should be a checkbox that says “Post hashtags in the first comment”. Just tick the checkbox and you’re ready to let Tailwind hide your hashtags! (After you schedule your post of course).
- An Awesome Alternative Tool To Create Amazing Social Media Posts
- How To Make Pinterest Cover Boards
- 10 Reasons Why Every Blogger Should Join Pinterest
Save Hashtags for later
Saving your hashtags is very handy when you have a niche or just want to categorise your post and don’t feel like having a minute to waste on repetitively adding them.
Here’s how to save your most used hashtags for later:
1. Click on the “#Saved Hashtags” box and a popup will show. This is where you can create your most used hashtags.
Name Your List: This is just the title of your collection of hashtags so it won’t affect your post. I mean, you gotta know what list it is right?
Add Your Hashtags: Here is the main thing that will affect your caption so make sure you add max 30 hashtags.
2. Once you’re done, make sure to click on “Save Hashtag List” or you’ll end up losing your categorical hashtags.
3. After you’ve saved it, you’ll able to choose from the list below and add it to your captions.
So what now?
If you do have Tailwind for Instagram, try it out!
If you use Instagram and still don’t have the Tailwind Instagram tool, click here to get it now. You’ll get a trial of 30 posts (yes, not 30 days, but 30 posts).
If you love new posts about self-care, productivity, blogging tips, and other lifestyle posts, then don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter where you can get notified in your email inbox on Fridays (Aussie time). Follow my social media accounts if you haven’t already!
If you love this post, share it by pinning it on Pinterest or sharing on Facebook or Twitter. Remember, to check out my related posts below.