I’ve been using Pinterest ever since I started the first day of secondary school (high school) and even before I started this blog.
Everything had changed since then and I can’t believe now. For all these years since 2012 that I’m taking Pinterest seriously for my blog.
Of course, I still pin my favourite things from time to time to my private boards. Yet, I still don’t know how to use Pinterest like a professional but I like to consider this site the most used daily.
First off, if you haven’t heard of Pinterest before (I don’t know why you haven’t) …
Pinterest is like a search engine. Am I joking? No. It’s not social media, it’s actually like Google but with visuals.
The “visuals” I’m talking about are pins that can be saved to your board or for followers who follow your board to see through their feed. You can also “like” those pins or try them out.
Now, you’re here because you’re wondering “how I gained over 130k unique views on Pinterest” and how you can gain this much too.
So grab your mug of coffee or tea and let’s get right into it!
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliates. I earn a compensation if you buy the product. I only add affiliates that I’ve tried myself and would prefer to you. You do not have to buy the items but I would appreciate it if you do! It helps support this blog.*
Don’t believe me? Here’s the evidence as of Oct-Nov 2018 (no it’s not photoshopped).
With over 130k impressions (3rd November 2018).
How did I earn over 130k monthly viewers?
- Schedule posts 5 times a day to Group Boards (make sure to schedule to different groups on different days depending on your group rules).
- Schedule time? I use the recommended time Tailwind suggests me that reaches my audience.
- Tribes. The best thing to gain more impressions. One of my pins 8 Self-care apps to use Today became a popular post because of that.
- Schedule other pins. You don’t want to spam your account with only your pins. Share the blogging love and support other bloggers! I learn more things when I read other blogger’s posts.
- With Pinterest’s new Algorithm, it is preferable to start manual pinning.
- Pin at least 1-2 times a day (when you wake up or before you sleep).
- The number of pins to pin? I don’t usually count my pins. I just pin over 20+ pins from Homepage and from the people I follow.
- Remember to pin your own pins (because they don’t pin themselves). 1 Of your own boards and 2 to group boards with more impressions.
Pretty Visual Pins
- Pinterest is all about visuals! Make sure it looks stunning for your audience or they won’t be re-pinning it.
- Use tools like Canvas and PicMonkey to create gorgeous graphics in simple steps.
- You can look at my other posts for tutorials on how to create Pinterest pins and other free resources;
The Secrets To Beautiful Pinterest Graphics (Gain Top Notch Repins!)
How To Create Amazing Pinterest Graphics (Bonus Secret Pinterest Strategies)
Climb Aboard & get these Aesthetic Design Resources for FREE!
Top 5 FREE Stock Image sites to use in 2018
Those are my tips on how I reached over 130k views on Pinterest.
I would say that it takes time if you’re just starting out. Like everything, things don’t come quickly unless you’re lucky.Things don't come quickly unless you're lucky. They take time. Click To Tweet
Try it out and let me know if it worked out for you!
If you love new posts about lifestyle, self-care, productivity, and blogging tips, then don’t forget to subscribe to my RSS feed where you can get notified in your email inbox (don’t worry, I won’t spam ya!). Follow my social media accounts if you haven’t already.
If you love this post, share it by pinning it on Pinterest or sharing on Facebook or Twitter. Remember, to check out my related posts (yes, I have more than 100 posts on this blog and I feel proud of my passion!)